The various and several Groups of SRA in the Tri-State area come together to form SRA Intergroup Association. The name of this Association is Sexual Recovery Anonymous Tri-State Intergroup.
-From the Intergroup By Laws
Objectives of SRA Tri-State Intergroup
From the By-Laws:
- To facilitate the availability of help to those seeking such in connection with a problem with sex addiction.
- To serve as a clearing house for SRA Activities in the Tri-State Area.
- To Compliment and Cooperate with the SRA General Service Board in the effective development of the SRA program at the local group level in the Tri-State area.
- To serve and function as the communications center for local member groups with respect to matters of local area policy and interest.
- To maintain:
- A 24 hour phone hotline with recorded information and the means to answer inquiries left on it;
- A regularly updated meeting list;
- To conduct special events in accord and with the furtherance of these objectives.
Excluded from the Objectives of the association are:
- The operation and maintenance of a club or clubhouse;
- SRA matters of policy at the national or international level, since this is the function and responsibility of the General Service Board.
SRA Tri-State Intergroup FAQ
What does SRA Intergroup do?
In service to the fellowship, Intergroup organizes retreats and holiday parties, maintains this website and the SRA Tri-State Archive, liaises with the SRA General Service Board, and performs outreach.
How is SRA Intergroup funded?
In accordance with SRA’s 7th Tradition, Intergroup depends solely upon the support of SRA groups, and is directly responsible to the groups it serves. Many SRA groups will take a collection for Intergroup during the 7th Tradition break. This is collected separately from the rent collection and sent to Intergroup by the meeting treasurer or Intergroup Rep.
When / Where are SRA Intergroup meetings?
Meetings are held on the first Monday of each month at 6PM at the The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center, 208 W. 13th Street (between 7th and 8th Ave). All SRA members are welcome to attend Intergroup meetings, although only elected meeting representatives may vote.
What is an Intergroup representative?
An Intergroup Representative is an SRA member elected at an SRA meeting to represent that meeting at the Intergroup level.
What does an Intergroup representative do? What are the requirements?
[An intergroup rep] attends SRA Intergroup meetings once a month and helps carry on the work of Intergroup. Reports to the meeting about Intergroup meetings and also takes issues of importance back to Intergroup meetings for discussion and possible action. Suggested sobriety requirement: six months in the program and ninety days of sobriety. Suggested term: one year.
–From the SRA Suggested Meeting Format
What other kinds of service positions exist within Intergroup?
We can also offer our services to SRA Intergroup in a variety of other ways, including attending business meetings, volunteering for institutional meetings, working on committees, and responding to mail or telephone inquiries. These services further our commitment to the fellowship and to our sobriety.
–From the SRA pamphlet, Tools of the Program
The following are some examples of SRA Intergroup service positions:
- Phone line coordinator
- Literature Coordinator
- Mail Coordinator
Elections for these service positions are held periodically at Intergroup Meetings.
I am an Intergroup Rep. How do I…
- Send donations to IG?
Donations can be sent by check to the following address:
SRA Tri-State Intergroup
P.O. Box 73
New York, NY 10024
Make checks payable to “SRA Tri-State Intergroup”. Donations can also be provided directly to the Treasurer at Intergroup meetings.
- Get SRA literature for my meeting? Chips?
Submit a request via the form on the Contact page. Your message will be forwarded to the literature coordinator who will get back to you.
- Inform Intergroup of venue or time changes effecting my meeting?
Submit the information in the form on the Contact page, under “Website Updates”.